July 2021 Newsletter
July kicked off Mogul’s first-ever movie slate!
For Mogul, July meant more partners, ecosystem development, community events, and of course, our first-ever movie slate vote!
As of yesterday, all STARS holders can vote on which of the three films in our showcase they want Mogul to fund:
- Terminal Station (Phillip B. Goldfine, Keoni Waxman): A retired hitman for the Mafia is waiting in a train station to leave his life behind when he unintentionally steps in to save a pregnant woman running away from her husband, an ex-Mafia boss. The Hitman must now use all of his skills to protect the woman and himself from the group he used to work for.
- MR-9 (Asif Akbar, Binh Dang): MR9, a spy with a mysterious past, joins forces with an elite group of international Agents, racing against the clock to stop a terrorist attack set to happen during the World Peace Summit in Bangladesh.
- Devilreaux (Thomas Churchill): Devilreaux and his family were killed unjustly in the 1800s, calling on a forbidden Voodoo to avenge their murders. The movie takes place in the present day where an unwitting group of teenagers accidentally bring Devilreaux back to life to wreak vengeance again.
Log into your Mogul account to get in on the action and check out the films! Each of them features a ripomatic video to help our fans get a feel for what the final film will look like!
Remember: you’ll need STARS tokens to vote and STARS holders will decide where 50% of the profits from the movies go!
What’s next to come? August is set to announce the voting results of the showcase! This is a huge milestone for our community!
July Quick Bites:
This month we accomplished and executed:
- 4 brand new partnership announcements including Anyswap, ApeSwap, and Beefy Finance
- 4 AMAs with our ecosystem partners
- 3 Mogul Lives with Cindy Cowan, Mo Ramchandani (Bonded), and Julian (ApeSwap)
- 2 new team additions with Isabella Blake-Thomas and advisor Keith Stein
- 1 new blockchain integration for STARS tokens on Binance Smart Chain
- 1 new contest win with LA Token for STARS integration
- $30k in community giveaways and contests
- Increased our Twitter following by 13.5k community members
- Re-launched and increased our Instagram following to 2.5k followers
- 30+ different English language press hits in outlets such as PopHorror, Cryptobriefing, DeFi Times, NewsBTC, Tech Times, Tech Bullion, and Script Magazine
- 12+ press hits in Asian media outlets, including the largest entertainment website in China and China’s largest blockchain media outlet
LIVE NOW: Showcase voting! Log into your Mogul account to vote on the next feature film that Mogul will send to production!
ABOUT MOGUL PRODUCTIONS (MOGUL)
Mogul Productions is a decentralized film financing (DeFiFi) platform that connects creators, movie fans, and film financiers in one space to ensure the best films get made by giving everyone a voice. Leveraging blockchain and a tokenized model, Mogul incentivizes participation and engagement. Using the Mogul in-app currency and utility token (STARS), users can vote for their favorite films to be greenlit and can also participate in key decision-making aspects of the production. STARS holders are key governing bodies of the Mogul platform, including the profit-sharing pool of capital accruing from Mogul-funded movies. Mogul’s production team and advisors are award-winning Hollywood veterans who have written, directed, acted in, and produced diverse slates of films and TV shows.