Another exciting month for Mogul!
We can’t believe it’s August already! Our team has been working hard improving our beta product and we’re excited to share our progress with our loyal community soon. We’ve been evaluating projects week after week and encourage members of our community to continue sending their projects for our consideration.
Mogul Live took huge steps last month, culminating with an interview with Hollywood helicopter pilot Fred North that attracted nearly 5,000 live fans. Last month we also spoke with producer Gabe Napora, whose films have won awards at TIFF and Sundance and artist and director Rob Prior who has worked many Marvel characters in the past.
Here is the lineup for this month’s guests:
- Tonya Williams — Emmy-nominated actress best known for her work with The Young & The Restless and Founder of Reelworld Film Festival (August 13th at 12:30 PST)
- Vashi Nedomansky — Editor for films such as Sharknado, Deadpool, Miracle on Ice and more! Vashi has cut commercials for brands such as EA Sports, NHL, and Nike while collaborating on projects with the likes of Jerry Bruckheimer, Michel Gondry and others (August 18th 2pm PST)
- Aneesha Madhok — up and coming actress from New Delhi now based in LA and is the lead in the new Bill McAdams Jr film called Bully (August 25th at noon PST)
- Greg Kasyan — Emmy nominated actor for his series-regular role as Eli in Netflix’s Daybreak (date TBD)
Send us an email at [email protected] if you, or someone you know, would be a good candidate to be a guest on Mogul Live!
Mogul in the Press!
Check out these articles that featured Mogul:
- Indie Activity covered our interview with Mogul advisor, and recent Emmy-winner, Cindy Cowan
- Host of Mogul Live, James Pratt, was featured in Your Digital Wall for winning the Top Auctioneer Award at the 8th Annual Australian Business Awards
- Mogul Live guest Jessica Ross was featured in Patch for her work on Malibu Crush, produced by Mogul’s James Pratt
- Mogul’s Cindy Cowan was featured in Hollywood Reporter, who wrote about the Southern crime thriller Arkansas
- CBC wrote about Lyriq Bent’s character, Chekura Yyano, in The Book of Negroes
Any journalists, bloggers, podcasters, or content creators are encouraged to contact us [email protected] as we’d love to work with you!
If you know of another member of the Mogul community who is accomplishing great things in the industry and deserves to be recognized by their peers, let us know! We’re always looking to celebrate and highlight the successes of outstanding Moguls!
This month’s Monthly Mogul is Tonya Williams! Tonya is the founder of Reelworld Film Festival, which is a non-profit whose mission is to empower racially diverse Canadian filmmakers, content creators, and all talent in front of and behind the screen. She is also an award-winning actress, recognized for her work on The Young & The Restless, where she was a series regular for over two decades! This month, Tonya was featured on CP24 Breakfast, CTV News and Global News for her amazing efforts promoting BIPOC creators. Reelworld also launched “Access Reelworld”, which is a database to find all kinds of diverse filmmaking talent within Canada. The platform also features a Job Board where you can list your opportunities to hire racially diverse members of the Reelworld community. Check out it out here! Catch Tonya on August 13th where she’ll join us on Mogul Live!
Here’s what some of our community members have been up to this month:
David Cormican’s Northern Rescue won 4 awards (including the Grand Prize), as part of the World Media Festivals in Germany. The limited family drama series, which was co-commissioned by both the CBC and Netflix, was talked about in depth during David’s interview on Mogul Live!
Shoot us a message if there are others in our community who have been Moguls this past month for a shoutout!
Top, curated industry reads directly from our team that piqued our interest over the last month:
- NBCUniversal’s Peacock reaches 10 million signups, while Quibi continues to struggle to meet early expectations
2. How listening to fans accelerated Sonic the Hedgehog in the box office
3. Code 8, financed with 30,000 backers on Indiegogo, vaults to the top 10 watched shows on Netflix
5. As Emmy-nominations came out this month, Better Call Saul highlights a list of “snubs”
6. Warner Bros. takes “Tenet” off the theatrical release calendar due to COVID-19 and then adds it back! Christopher Nolan’s highly anticipated movie will roll out theatrically in offshore markets starting August 26th, in the US on Sept 3rd and then in China the following day.
7. South Korea highlights the first two “post-pandemic era” theatrical releases
ABOUT MOGUL PRODUCTIONS (MOGUL)
Mogul Productions, established 2019, is a blockchain-based film financier and production company with a presence in Canada, the United States of America and Europe.
The Mogul platform connects contributors, film industry professionals and fans through technology that allows all users to engage and participate with each project throughout theirs entire lifecycle, from financing through to production and distribution.